The window to the world
Pelosi’s $10K-a-night Vacation
President Barack Obama is not the only VIP to be spending his holidays in exclusive islands in Hawaii.
While the president and his family are on a 17-day holiday vacation in beach front homes in Kailua, Oahu, Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi is spending her Christmas at the exotic Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’upulehu in Kona, reports the Hawaii Reporter.
Her room goes for a whopping $10,000 a night, a suite she has rented for the past two Christmases. Pelosi has been escorted by local police during her two visits, the Reporter says, at a cost of $34,000 to local taxpayers.
Pelosi reportedly spent Christmas Eve at midnight mass in St. Michael’s Catholic Church in Kailua-Kona.
The Four Seasons Resort Hualalai’s web site touts the appointed grounds so:
“Gloriously revitalised, this natural tropical paradise offers more than ever to explore – with a newly expanded Spa, beachfront dining, fashion boutiques and new Deluxe Suites, in addition to Jack Nicklaus signature golf. Set on the Big Island’s exclusive Kona-Kohala Coast, this showpiece resort captures the essence of Hawaiian design, culture and tradition.”
Pelosi has many friends in Hawaii, including Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie, who she defended during his successful campaign for governor in 2010.
Obama’s trip to the island of Oahu is much higher. Last week, the Reporter added up the total cost of his vacation to be more than $4 million.
- Student threatened with suspension after op-ed opposing gay adoption
- Obama Staffer Arrested for Stealing Identity
- Perry Makes a ‘Strategic Retreat’ and Endorses Gingrich
- Gingrich On Obama: "I Don’t Want To Bloody His Nose, I Want To Knock Him Out"
- Ron Paul campaign acquires all remaining Coachella Tickets
- Romney outsources entire campaign organization to China
- American Police Departments Implement Drone Aircrafts To The Fleet
- HOMELAND SECURITY NOW PERMITTED TO MONITOR AMERICAN JOURNALISTS
- OUTSTANDING NEWS FROM OUT OF IRAN
- VIDEO: NH poll workers shown handing out ballots in dead peoples’ names