The window to the world
Obama Car Czar: We never said taxpayers would get GM bailout money back
Steven Rattner, Obama’s Car Czar, was asked by CNBC if the taxpayers would get paid back by GM. He replied:
No, but we never said the taxpayer was gonna get paid back. We put 82 billion into the car industry as a whole. We will get back all but 4 billion plus or minus of it. But in return for that we saved 2 million jobs in the Midwest and two great American companies. You compare that to the $875 billion dollar stimulus program or the trillions of dollars of QE1,2,3.
I think the tax payers got a good deal.
Here is Obama saying “We are going to get back all the money that we invested in those car companies” (just the beginning portion):
I guess he didn’t mean ‘all of it’, just most of it. I wonder where that 4 billion went?
- Student threatened with suspension after op-ed opposing gay adoption
- Obama Staffer Arrested for Stealing Identity
- Perry Makes a ‘Strategic Retreat’ and Endorses Gingrich
- Gingrich On Obama: "I Don’t Want To Bloody His Nose, I Want To Knock Him Out"
- Ron Paul campaign acquires all remaining Coachella Tickets
- Romney outsources entire campaign organization to China
- American Police Departments Implement Drone Aircrafts To The Fleet
- HOMELAND SECURITY NOW PERMITTED TO MONITOR AMERICAN JOURNALISTS
- OUTSTANDING NEWS FROM OUT OF IRAN
- VIDEO: NH poll workers shown handing out ballots in dead peoples’ names